Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a brand new blog.

Welcome to the official blog for my new little endeavor: Exquisite Ambrosia, a made-to-order specialty baked goods catering service.

And now for a brief history. For those of you who don't know the story, this whole mercenary of cupcakes thing started out a couple of years ago in school. I had this (now defunct) multimedia arts publishing program that was geared towards helping underprivileged kids circulate their art for no charge. Needless to say, this cost a lot of money, and after getting some start-up cash by painting houses and roofs and doors and such, I found that, by far, my biggest income came from the little sales of delicious contraband I had at school. It started with candy in tenth grade. Then I moved on to homemade brownies. That proved to be a much bigger success. Then last year I started making signature cupcakes in a variety of different, unique flavors. This brought in a lot of cash, but unfortunately was not enough to keep my project afloat, and it wound up in the toilet. A pity.

However, it did make me realize that not only do I love baking, but I'm good at it, good enough so that other people would pay to taste my creations. And so, here I am, 17 years old, without a job, a car, or a cent to my name, being advised to try and make money by doing something I love. I assume they meant baking, as prostitution, awesome as it may be, is just not in the cards right now.

In this blog, you'll find me detailing some of the more exciting adventures I experience while heading this little project. I'll also be sharing some insights, opinions, recipes, and random blurbs that all may or may not have something to do with my baking quest. I also might occasionally burst into some biochemical diatribe explaining some of the science of baking, which is just a subject I find incredibly fun and therefore want to impose on the world. Do enjoy.

And now, without further ado, I present to you the first functional menu for Exquisite Ambrosia!











No comments:

Post a Comment